Monday, January 28, 2008

You'll never believe this...

On the way home from my mother's tonight, Jack was overtired and throwing a fit. I tried some formula; he sucked it down. This is the only way I have to get him to sleep in the car. So now I'm stuck with a mad baby with a full belly, and I can't give him more formula or he'll be sick. We then move on to toys. His squishy fishy and smiley pepperoni pizza teether only worked for a bit. When Henry the Hippo failed, I knew we were doomed. Out of desperation I took out an old pacifier, blew off the dust, and popped it in his mouth. He just started sucking away like he'd been doing this all his life. Jack never takes a pacifier, and I realistically didn't expect him to start getting the hang of it at five and a half months. What baby does that? I used to drown the thing in Karo syrup to tempt him and it never worked. Now, all of a sudden, he's going to town. This could just be a fluke, but the way he was working the paci makes me think it won't be. The hubby and I decided it could be a special thing for car rides when rocking him and/or breastfeeding aren't an option. This whole situation is so bizarre; I'm still in shock.

2 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Take a picture. I loved Michael's paci face.

Deb

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Maybe he's teething and the pressure of the paci on his gums helped to soothe the pain?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker