I've been trying to take Jack to the park more often lately. My goal is twice a week. It's really good for both of us. Today we were sneaky and went to play at a park the belongs to a neighborhood we don't live in. Sssshhh, don't tell anyone. Normally Jack just runs around and doesn't really "get" what the playground equipment is all about. Today something finally clicked and he understood. With my help, he was climbing up the stairs, crossing over the bridge, and sliding down the slide like a champ. Since he requires my constant supervision during these times, I can't really take any pictures. It's a bit frustrating because the whole time I'm thinking, "That would be a great shot. Oh, this would be a great background." I'll try to come back with my hubby so he can supervise, and I can get some pictures.
I've also been giving a lot of thought to what type of backyard equipment we want to invest in this Spring. The hubby has already agreed to build a sandbox. Of course it's Texas so he'll have to have a swimming pool. What else do you guys think every little boy needs in his backyard?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The Playground
Posted by Mom's the Word at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I think a sandbox and pool are perfect. I think he also needs a sand/water table. He's at the perfect age for it.
By the way the stars make it really hard to read the left hand side of your blog.
I think one of those tubes kids crawl through would be fun. Of course, if he got in there an decided not to come out, who would go in after him?
A sandbox is definitely a BAD idea...there'll be sand all in his clothes and his diaper...yuck...i think you should build him one of those exercise-fitness parks like we had for intermediate school so he can mind his physique...
I need to see more pictures of sweet little Jack! I can just hear him giggling inside a tube far, far away entertaining himself. He'll love whatever you get for him - he's so good at loving life. - Laura
closed in trampolin! many good things one is containment, exercise to wear him out which means nap time for him later and you can set next to the trampoline and watch him and his daddy entertain each other. it makes me think of all the kids tackling jason in the past......
Jacky?!?! Tell momma it's time for more pictures! Anti's getting lonely!!!
Post a Comment