Right now Jack's two favorite things are letters and cars. He points at my SMU sweatshirt and starts saying "a" "e" "i" "q", etc. He always seems to squeeze a "q" in there for some reason. The other day, as we were walking into Wal-Mart, he pointed up at the huge sign on the front of the building and starting yelling out the letters of the alphabet in no particular order. His aunt bought him a magnet set for the refrigerator for his birthday, and he spends a lot of time placing each letter in this main electronic port that tells him the sound that the letter makes. Don't get me wrong; Jack isn't saying his alphabet, and if he does happen to call a letter by it's right name, it's completely by accident. Still, the teacher in me can't help but be proud. Lately he doesn't want me to read to him. He prefers to go off and read to himself. I've gotten him a lot of simple picture books lately that have one picture with the word directly underneath. I really believe he thinks he's reading because he can name the things in the book. It's so cute. I'll try to catch him on video.
Jack is completely obsessed with cars right now, and instead of "honk honk" they all go "choo choo." Most of the day, you can find him with a car in his hand. He really LOVES Hot Wheels. I think it's because they're small enough for him to carry around easily, and they're so realistic looking. Lately, he's starting actually playing with them (a skill he's been picking up from his two year old cousin). He pushes them on the chair, the coffee table, the kitchen counter, his play fort, and anywhere else that amuses him. He's starting to make car noises and line them all up together. It's so fun to actually see him pretending. On the day he turned eighteen months old, I took pictures of him doing his favorite things. While he was completely immersed in his cars, he noticed my flash and turned around and said "CHEESE". I'm so happy to have his wonderful smile on camera that day.




4 comments:
I know it has only been a little while, but it seems like forever since I have seen the little man. Of course he is the smartest toddler ever.
What a stud!!
So glad he's having fun with those educational 'toys'. Such a cutie!
I love that the letters on the fridge spell "ACK!"
Will has that set, too. He's a bit more destructive, though, and likes to scatter the letters to the corners of the kitchen.
Post a Comment