Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jack Update

I realized today that it's been awhile since I update everyone on Jack's new developments.

He finally mastered his pincher grasp about a month ago and enjoys feeding himself. He loves cereal puffs and yogurt melts. Right now, he only does well with super mushy or disolvable foods. Since Jack is always up for a snack, I now find it easier to get things done in the kitchen while he's preoccupied with finger foods.

Jack started playing ball about a week ago. It's super cute. I'll try to get some pics to post soon.

Lastly, I have a tendency to say "Ta Dah!" everytime I accomplish a task around Jack, i.e. change diapers, buckle him into his high chair, and so on. Last week I put him in his high chair and said "Ta Dah!" and the little rascal said it right back. The day before yesterday he pushed his ball to me and, without being prompted, shouted "Ta Dah!" This impressed me because it shows he also knows the meaning of the phrase. One question, does "Ta Dah" qualify as his first word being that it's not really a word at all? Talk amongst yourselves.

2 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Hey, the monkeys' first words without fail were Daddy. Ta-da is so much more original. Yes it is a first word.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for him. I wish he had done it while we were all camping. That would have been another first to add to the record books!

Give him a big hug from me!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker