I just read a good friend's blog. Her little boy is six months old, and she posted a newborn picture next to a recent one. Just looking at how much her little boy has grown made my eyes water. I got to thinking about Jack and how far we've all come. The first weeks were so hard with the colic. I was just cleaning out some documents on my computer and found a poem I wrote when I was just a few weeks pregnant. I'm not claiming to be a poet or anything, but this just seems to capture what I was feeling (and still do) about my role in Jack's life and his in mine.
I loved you when you were an idea, conceived from love and wanting.
I felt you before you attached yourself to my inner being, feeding off my joy and worry.
I know at this moment I am creating a legacy that will thrive beyond my existence and whisper what I once was.
Your dependence on me mirrors my need for you.
My hope, happiness, and strength reside within your possibility.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Remembering...
Posted by Mom's the Word at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment