Friday, September 19, 2008

It's a start...

First, I have to share that I had my first "Don't eat that bug!" experience. Jack was making a disgusted face and right when I came over to him he spit out a beetle. Thank goodness it wasn't a spider or a biting insect. Don't worry; it wasn't alive (if that makes it better for anyone). I'm glad he didn't enjoy it. Maybe that will keep him from eating more in the future. I somehow doubt it.

Now for more exciting (and less disgusting) news. Jack really hasn't shown much interest in walking. He wants us to do the "hold my hands and walk with me" bit, but he hasn't mustered the courage to do anything on his own. Until today! He walked a few steps to me from the couch. He only was up to doing it a few times. Then he was on to bigger and better things like playing ball with Daddy. I feel like tonight was the breaking point, and he'll be practicing a little more each day from now on.

To me walking represents this dividing line that separates babies from toddlers. I think I'm ready for the change. I'm sure going to miss my little crawler, but I know walking will bring us more adventures. After all, this is Jack we're talking about.

1 comments:

Our Family said...

Yay, Jack! What a milestone! I wish I could have seen it. I can't wait to hear about the new adventures you and your walker will have. Cute site!! - Laura Vaughn

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker