Sunday, August 24, 2008

Albuquerque

A few weeks back, we went to Albuquerque to visit my sister. The hubby had never seen mountains before, and neither of us had spent any time in New Mexico. Jack was wonderful. We were really concerned about the car ride, but he was a champ. I'm so glad we had the DVD player and the Baby Einstein videos. Jack had many first experiences.

And we're off!

My first time facing forward in the car seat!


My first time crossing state lines!



I offered to drive for awhile to give Daddy a break.

My first trip to the mountains.

My first time in an Indy car.


My first visit to Santa Fe.

I've been to the aquarium before, but this was my first time to actually notice the fish. Excuse the fuzzy picture.
My first trip to the botanical gardens. They had a children's fantasy garden. We felt like we were in "James and the Giant Peach" (one of mommy's favorite kid's books). They did have a huge pumpkin with seeds hanging from the ceiling. It was too fun. Daddy and I caught a ride on this ant.

My first train ride! This took us from the aquarium/gardens to the zoo.


My first trip to the zoo!

Daddy's and my first trip down route 66!

My first visit to Cadillac Ranch!


And finally, our last stop. My first visit to Palo Duro Canyon. I was too grumpy to be in the picture.

As you can see, I had lots of firsts. I think I'll take a break for a while. Maybe I'll practice this walking thing everyone keeps talking about.

0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker