Jack had a great first birthday party. He loved having everyone over. I thought all the people might overwhelm him a bit. One of my baby care books said to keep the first birthday party small and intimate. Well, with ten cousins, Jack didn't have that option. I was a little concerned because everyone showed up while he was napping. I didn't know what his reaction would be when he woke up with twenty plus people in his house. He was so happy to have everyone over. He just lit up and started crawling all over the place. He did a great job with his little cake. He even helped open some of his presents. Jack has really been enjoying his new toys the last few weeks. Everyone was so generous. Here are a few pictures of the event. If anyone else took some, please please email them to me.
Monday, August 25, 2008
1st Birthday
The Cake
Posted by Mom's the Word at 8:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
My hobby is blurfing for interesting articles or pictures and writing poems about them. I sometimes re-print them on my own Blog. This is for you (from your son!)
YOU TAKE THE CAKE!
Mom! Why do you bother
To make me birthday cakes?
I know how well you plan them,
How long the cooking takes!
A simple bowl of icing
Would have pleased me just as much.
I could splosh it, squeeze it,splatter it,
Thrill to it's plodgy touch!
I could smear it on my fingers
And rub it on my toes,
I could paint my high chair with it
And stick it up my nose!
I could throw it at my Daddy,
I could drop it on the floor,
I could rub it in the kitten's fur
And oh a great deal more!
You've spent hours in the kitchen
'Cos you think that I'm the best,
But just give me the icing.
You can eat the rest!
Of course mr jack had a good time on his birthday. He was the best natured 1 year old ever on his b-day. Love you jackjack
Aunt deb.
Hey sister, I love the new background.
Post a Comment